support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Thursday, June 07, 2012

KPRC 2 scores Kyle Montgomery for weekend sports





Kyle Montgomery
I know...I know...I just said this morning that I was taking time off from the blog and here I am already posting again.  Call me obsessed but it is not everyday that KPRC 2 hires a new weekend sports guy.

Just after former KPRC weekend sports dude Winston Dutchin moved to Seattle, the Post-Newsweek station has hired Kyle Montgomery to take his spot.

"I'm honored to be joining KPRC's talented staff and having the opportunity to work in such a great sports town," Montgomery told mikemcguff.com. "I'm a Midwest guy originally from Kansas City where Bar B Q and football is king so it should be an easy transition for me considering that the Texans are Super Bowl contenders and Texas has the second best ribs in the country!"

Montgomery comes from Raycom Sports' Atlantic Coast Conference channel where he's been since the fall of 2011. Before that Montgomery worked at NBA TV's GameTime and The Jump. From 2008-2011, he was with Turner Sports and hosted Cartoon Networks first sports show Run it Back. He also worked at WSFA 12 Montgomery, AL.

"I'm a homer what can I say," Montgomery told me. "I plan to provide viewers with a fun, exciting and enjoyable sports experience as much as possible and I'm anxious to become a part of the Houston community. If you see me out and about give me a shout or a glass of water if you see me struggling with the heat."

Montgomery tells me he starts next Wednesday, June 13th. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here