support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Thursday, April 19, 2012

KHOU 11 hires Tim Wetzel from WTVF 5 Nashville

UPDATE MAY 2017
KHOU 11 reporter Tim Wetzel leaves Houston and TV behind after five years to join the corporate communications team at American Airlines.
_____________________________________________

Courtesy WTVF
Don't stand in front of the revolving doors at KHOU 11's Allen Parkway Houston studio - you might get trampled.

Earlier I told you how KHOU reporter Lisa Chavarria is WFLD 32 Chicago bound, and now we already know who her replacement is.

Funny enough, Tim Wetzel joins KHOU 11 from WTVF 5 Nashville. That just happens to be the TV station KHOU hired Chavarria from a few years ago!

"It looks like I'm about to miss meeting Lisa Chavarria," Wetzel told mikemcguff.com. "She came from my station in Nashville. I started there days after she left. I guess I'll be missing her twice!"

If Wetzel plays his cards right, he might be missing her a third time one day at WFLD Chicago if things continue in the same direction.

Wetzel tells me he was in Nashville for two years. Before that he worked at WFTV in Orlando, WINK in Fort Myers and KTIV in Sioux City, IA.

"I'm very excited to join the KHOU team and look forward to working at such a great station," Wetzel told me.

Wetzel starts with the Belo owned Houston station Monday.


CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here