support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Monday, January 30, 2012

Fox 26 KRIV assistant ND Carolyn Mungo leaves station

UPDATE
Carolyn Mungo named news director at WFAA channel 8 Dallas

It was in 2005, that Carolyn Mungo left the glitz and glamour of the Houston TV reporting world an entered the rough and tumble, often political world of TV news management. (That's enough of my noir writing experiment.)

Simply put, Mungo was a reporter at KHOU 11 and moved over to Fox 26 KRIV to be the managing editor about seven years go. In 2009, she ascended to the assistant news director role at the Fox owned and operated station.

I was alerted last Friday that it was Mungo's last day at KRIV.

"I can say I am very excited about my future," Mungo mysteriously told mikemcguff.com.

While Mungo is remaining mum for now, sources tell me her contract and non-compete were up and she is moving on from KRIV. To where, I don't know yet, but I understand she has several opportunities out there.

According to her old channel 11 bio, Mungo started at KHOU in 1999 and picked up a ton of awards while there such as 12+ Emmys, the Texas Associated Press' "reporter of the year" in 2001, a regional Edward R. Murrow Award for best documentary and two Gold World Medals from the New York Film Festival. It says she began her career in Austin and worked in Minneapolis and Phoenix before moving to Houston.

UPDATE
Carolyn Mungo named news director at WFAA channel 8 Dallas


CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here