support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

KTRK 13 promotions producer Michael Penix leaves for WLTX 19 as creative services director

It's never fun to have to say goodbye to friends, but this is for a good reason.

KTRK 13 promotions producer Michael Penix (and mikemcguff blog guest contributor) has left Houston for Columbia, South Carolina as creative services director at WLTX 19 (at least there is a little Texas in those call letters), the CBS affiliate.

"I'm very excited about the opportunity and sad to leave channel 13 after 6.5 years," Penix told mikemcguff.com. "I made a lot of great friends and had excellent bosses in Scott Morrow and Tom Ash. They taught me a lot and I'm gonna use that knowledge in Columbia. I'll also miss my night side family...an awesome group that knows how to win".

And get this, the day after Penix left KTRK, he went straight to Las Vegas for his first WLTX assignment...the PromaxBDA convention. Talk about a great first day! His real first day at the Gannett owned station was this Monday. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here