support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Friday, March 04, 2011

Is Fox 26 KRIV about to get that Fox edge?



OK...this new Fox 26 KRIV promo is not actually about The Insite blog (I cannot help but write Isiah Carey AKA The Insite in its full form), but it is about reporter Isiah Carey. In fact we learn about the 'Isiah Factor.'

I like this promo. For a Fox owned station, Fox 26 has never looked very Fox-ified to me. You know, flashy graphics, youthful skewing news programming and talent (KPRC 2 out did KRIV 26 in this area during the 90s). This new Isiah Carey AKA The Insite promo bucks that thought.

Supposedly the station hired a new hot editor from DC. Maybe his whiz bang approach signifies a flashier look for Fox 26.

Speaking of Fox 26, the mikemcguff.com blog actually made an appearance in a KRIV promo. It was for the station's election coverage last November. My blog was quoted...the voice guy read my words on TV. 'mikemcguff.com' was cited on screen. I should post that video one day. It was funny considering I am a freelance reporter at 39 KIAH.

RELATED
- Fox 26 KRIV's Isiah Carey gets on Comedy Central's TOSH.0
- Fox 26 KRIV reporter Isiah Carey's story turns into Texas Chainsaw Massacre
- Isiah Carey's Fox 26 KRIV friends giving him YouTube hassle CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here