support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Can you hear me now?

Reader Art Smart facebooked me this note about some audio difficulties KTRK 13 had today:

"KTRK-DT channel 13.1 broadcast no audio from 11:25 until 11:57 AM today. I don't know about 13.2 or 13.3, or about the cable feed. A lower third graphic "Temporary Audio Difficulties" ran from 11:51 until 11:57 AM. I wonder if it took them upwards of 26 minutes to discover they had a problem. I also wonder if advertisers will get refunds."

After seeing how complicated TV station can be technologically, I am surprised we don't see this kind of thing more often. It does not happen in Houston, but go to a small TV market and you see all kinds of bizarre technical problems. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here