support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

KTRK 13 and ABC sites update Web look

My old stomping grounds abc13.com, the Web site for KTRK in Houston has altered the look of its Web site. This goes the same for the other ABC owned and operated stations.

I looked at it for just five minutes and it is a VAST IMPROVEMENT. It really couldn't get much worse than the previous look with that huge video player scrolling through the top. The part I hated most about the old site was how when you went to click on the news headlines, they would move to reveal a story tease. Getting your news on that site was like playing Whac-A-Mole! That's not a fun game when you are simply trying to read a story about the latest murder or crime spree in Houston.

The story level pages have also been upgraded with a smaller video player. I like this look too.

Overall the pages are laid out better, it appears things are easier to find and I'm sure advertisers will be happier too. Great job. Like I said before, it would have been hard to make things worse. Have fun.

abc13.com

In other TV Web site news, I mentioned Twitter/Facebook earlier today that WFAA.com relaunched today. I had mentioned previously that other Belo sites have already flipped to the new look. My question is...what happened to Belo Interactive who used to power the sites? Now the sites are done by Broadcast Interactive Media. I like the look of the new Belo sites much better than the old look too.

Looks like things in the TV web world are heating up!  Now I look forward to a change in the Fox owned and operated station sites.  Never have been a fan of that look for some reason.  One time a Fox station called me about a job and I honestly told them what I thought of that look. I couldn't hold back. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here