support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A guy + his cantankerous dad + Twitter = CBS TV show

I try to keep this site family friendly (that's what working at Disney for eight years does to you), but I have to talk about this. In fact I've been hesitant to post about it because of the language but the more I see it in the mainstream press...well, here we go.

A Twitter account called sh*tmydadsays has racked up more than 730,000 users. Here is the account's description:

I'm 29. I live with my 73-year-old dad. He is awesome. I just write down shit that he says

And the tweets stick to that. Well guess what? It's the new media darling of Hollywood this week reports THR.com:

CBS has picked up a comedy project based on the Twitter account, which has enlisted more than 700,000 followers since launching in August and has made its creator, Justin Halpern, an Internet star.

"Will & Grace" creators David Kohan and Max Mutchnick are on board to executive produce and supervise the writing for the multicamera family comedy, which Halpern will co-pen with Patrick Schumacker. Halpern and Schumacker will also co-exec produce the Warner Bros. TV-produced project, which has received a script commitment. READ THE REST

It's funny, but kind of a one trick pony. Who knows though, it could be about the son and when he goes home at the opening and ending of each show, his dad lets it rip. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here