support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Friday, September 18, 2009

KTRK 13's Tom Abrahams gets unprecedented NASA access

Anchor Tom Abrahams, my old chum KTRK 13, is getting a view few have of the NASA shuttle program:

I am in the Mojave Desert this week working on a series of reports about the Space Shuttle Program.

The access NASA is affording us is unprecedented.

Thanks to my colleague Ted Oberg, we have secured a seat on the orbiter Discovery's ferry ride back to Florida. My photographer, Jesus Amaya, and I will ride aboard a C-9 military aircraft ahead of the 747, which piggybacks the orbiter.

No journalists have ever been allowed to do this during the two and a half decade long shuttle program. READ THE REST

The story airs next week. Both Tom and Ted are excellent reporters and overall good guys in the TV business. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here