support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Friday, January 23, 2009

I was destined to join the media ranks

A childhood friend of mine recently found me on Facebook and we were recalling old times. I laughed out loud when I saw this part of his message:

I love that you're in the news industry now. I recall you interviewing me with a tape recorder as a kid. One time you asked me to say 'all the bad words' I knew. Unbeknownst to me you were recording all the great words I knew at that age. I remember being scared you would give it to my mother.

Wow! Even back then I sound like I was practicing to be a TV reporter/producer. Awesome. Years later I would end up strapping on a hidden camera and deck for a real story. Not as fun as it sounds...a little uncomfortable in this case. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here