support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Monday, November 24, 2008

REWIND: The ubiquitous Tokyo drink machines

The mikemcguff.com rewind of my 2007 Thanksgiving Japan trip is in full swing ! Here is my look at the Tokyo drink machines on every corner. Some actually contain beer! Most are fruit juices and soda.





You really can't walk down the streets of Tokyo, Japan and not find a drink machine. They are everywhere. If you don't like one set of drinks, walk another block. Most drinks cost 120 Yen.
The machines sell a bunch of green tea, coke products and juices. I really enjoyed the apple juice that had both red and green apple juice supposedly. It did not taste as synthetic as US drinks at least.
Now as Margaret pointed out the in the comments, there are beer vending machines too. This video was shot in the Roppongi district by the way where you can get a lot of beer if you so desire.

Here is a picture of one of those machines (click on images to enlarge):



Since we're talking drinks, check out what I found on the side of a Dr. Pepper can! Murdock must be drooling. They don't make them like that in Texas! Not even in Dublin, TX.



And to round out the vending machine talk, I had to snap a picture of these ice cream treats. Maybe odd looking but very good.

I promised these little reports would not be typical and I think I have succeeded with this one.
See my Japan section.
My photos from Japan. 
CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here