support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Monday, November 24, 2008

REWIND: Mike McGuff in Japan

This time last year , I was in Tokyo and Kyoto, Japan. I had so much camera and video equipment the Japanese were laughing at me. Oh well. We saw some incredible stuff and I wanted to share it all with new readers since then.

All this week, travel with me again through Tokyo and Kyoto, Japan.







This video was shot in the Shinjuku ward of Tokyo. It's the place that looks like Times Square in Manhattan. Except Shinjuku is Times Square on steroids. It also hasn't lost the adult themed activities that Times Square used to be known for. The things they were offering us tourists might make you blush. Don't worry we weren't tempted and headed to the Hyatt Regency Tokyo where the movie Lost in Translation was shot. There is a cool club at the top called the New York Bar on the 52nd floor.
Take a look at these pictures I took of the bright lights, big city.















Share your Tokyo and Japan stories in the comments section. I would love to hear them.
See my Japan section. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here