support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Former KTRK 13 anchor Mark Garay's new biz - Professional Tributes

Lots of folks have been coming to my blog looking for news on former KTRK Channel 13 anchor Mark Garay. The latest news on Garay is his new business called Professional Tributes.

Mark told me over email that, "My original idea was to create professional, broadcast quality documentaries for real people. The documentaries would tell someone's life story, based on old photos and family film, family interviews and slick writing and editing. I have a 9 minute excerpt on the first page of my website from a 25 minute documentary I did on my grandfather."

That's right, he is like A&E's Biography Channel for hire. I think it is a good idea. There are a lot of people in Houston and beyond who might be interested in this kind of thing and are willing to spend the money for high quality work.

You can see a sample video on his site.

Mark Garay and Professional Tributes were both profiled in The Houston Business Journal last week. READ IT CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here