support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Is HD radio dead?

I produced a TV and web story on the fact that KLDE was the first Houston radio station to start broadcasting in HD.  That was back in 2005.   I went out and eventually bought an HD radio in 2006.

The other day the wife and I went to a Radio Shack, Circuit City and Best Buy in The Galleria looking for a new HD radio and couldn't find any!

Now I read this from Alan Furst's blog.

RIP my digital friend.

(Image courtesy of jason202) CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here