support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

Runaway Radio Screenings
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming on Tubi!

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Should I start lifecasting on this blog?

Lost Remote has a post about folks 'eventcasting' from CES. That means bloggers walk around with a camera hooked to a laptop with a wireless card and stream a live video signal back to a blog or web site.

Think Justin.tv. Justin 'lifecasts' I guess because he walks around streaming most of his life live to his site. Sarah Meyers is an offshoot of that and is covering CES live. You can see her setup here.

I imagine if I did something like this, no one would watch. Why? I wouldn't be the first and I am not a cute girl last time I looked. However, if I dressed up like a girl and walked around Rice Village or maybe Old Town Spring, that could be interesting.

In all seriousness, how cab 'eventcasting' affect the media? Imagine reporters who did something like this. They couldn't be in their dull, typical reporter persona, that's for sure. But if they covered cool stuff and were a little fun, I could see it turning into something. Especially if they were like she is allegedly. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here