support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Oh geez, I just joined Ojeez

I told you that my New Year's resolution was to join a bunch of social networking sites. Josh Tabin of Startup Houston heard my call and emailed me a new one he ran across that I could join. (I'm not sure if he is a member or not.)

It is called Ojeez. Here is how Ojeez bills itself:

Ojeez is a FREE Community where you can Make Money from Stock Ownership, Advertiser Revenue Sharing, Affiliate Programs And Access to Our Entrepreneurial Tools.

Huh? Why are Some Words capitalized And others Are not?

In an email, the site also tells me:

Ojeez.com is your source for dynamic profiles, blogs, chat, email, business building tools, classifieds, directory, video, music, and much more! Plus you can own a piece of this community by simply referring others.

This site says it is for entrepreneurs. That means I probably don't belong at this stage of my life. I think I need an MBA to understand it. You can join for free then pay $19.95 a month for more options. Unlike many Web 2.0 ideas, at least they plan to make money. Basically I can get my business on in this place.

I'm still trying to figure it all out. I do know that the more people I get to join, the more ownership I get. Then when they are public, the site says I can "participate in the windfall."

This might be the first social networking site that offers so much, I feel overwhelmed. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here