support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Thursday, September 27, 2007

A real bad ass

I was at the last traffic light on Bagby in Midtown right before you get on The Spur today when all of a sudden a beat up, 1980s model truck pulled dangerously in front of me, narrowly missing my vehicle and a car at the stop light in the other lane.

Normally I would have been pissed, but today, I was more amused and intrigued.

Obviously it had been a rough, pedal to the metal existence for this one and I'm talking about the dude behind the wheel, not the truck. As soon as the truck stopped at the light, a leathery hand came out the window with a lit cigarette smoking away. That was followed by plumes of smoke coming from inside the cab. I can only imagine he was wearing a black Slayer concert tee.

Here is where the interesting part came in. The light for Milam, the cross street in this case, started to turn yellow. Our road-weary driver started inching forward. Then while we still had a red, just took off! Traffic signal be damned! He's lucky that Houston light didn't have a red light camera.

Not that he probably would have cared. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here