support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Our first day without Marvin Zindler

As you might imagine, it has been very busy for me lately. I'm not complaining, but just letting you know that I am still working hard on the Marvin Zindler tribute page. There will be more late nights and content on its way.

When I was assigned to build the tribute page, I knew it had to be good. I'm putting a lot of pressure on myself for this project. It has been very emotional and I have teared up many times while working on it. That is a common occurrence around the station right now.

I'm glad the Internet has liked the image I made for the top of the page - the one with five Marvin pictures through the years. I've seen it a lot of places around the web. Just so you know, those colors bleeding out from behind the columns separating Marvin's pictures are supposed to be representing television color bars (they are probably out of order though).

Here are the new things I added Monday:


I found some classic Marvin stories from the 1970s and put the video online. You've seen short clips of some of these on TV in the past few days, now see the entire story. I might put more of his 1970s era stories online this week.


Shara Fryer, Ed Brandon, Deborah Duncan, Jan Glenn, Bill Balleza and Alan Hemberger all stopped by the KTRK studios to talk with the magnificent Melanie Lawson about their Marvin memories. There is some great stuff in these videos.

See all of the items folks are leaving outside of the abc13 studios on Bissonnet. There is a makeshift memorial that seems to get larger all of the time. It was strange walking outside the station property and encountering Houston Chronicle and CW39 photogs.

There is visitation and funeral information on The Consumer Blog. You will notice that I changed the header on that blog.

President Bush, his father and other leaders have issued statements on Marvin's passing.

Of course I am not the only one in the web department, so check back often for other great additions to the site in Marvin's memory. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here