support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Don't Let Weekend Sweep Fool You Astros Fans

The Astros busted out the brooms and their bats this weekend against the Mariners. But don't get false hope, this is still a bad team. The offense started clicking last week, too bad the pitching has gone downhill. Going into the season, I knew pithcing would be the weak spot. With no Pettitte or Clemens, Houston was going to struggle...and they have. Guys that used to be solid relievers have turned into gas cans. Chad Qualls, Trevor Miller, Dan Wheeler...I've never thought much of Brian Moehler or Borkowski, now I know why.

The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim have the best record in all of baseball, they also have the longest name in all of baseball. Houston might squeak out a win and I stress the word might. Here's a comforting thought...Jason Jennings is still going for his first win in an Astros uniform. Hell, I could've won a game by now and I can't even throw 73 mph. That doesn't seem stop Jamie Moyer from winning. That dude's 137 years-old(actually he's ONLY 44) and he's won 6 games. Jennings was the worst off-season move ever. I'm just waiting for his elbow to fall off.

So, as I'm writing this the Astros bullpen falls apart again, giving up the game winning run in the bottom of the ninth. 10-9 LAA of A wins. I won't pat myself on the back...I'll just end my frustration by saying football season begins in a couple of months.

Michael Penix CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here