support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Friday, May 04, 2007

Making of a Houston Texan Cheerleader

Here is something fun for the weekend.

These are my pictures of the Houston Texans cheerleader selection finals.

CLICK HERE TO VIEW

The pressure was on.

I like to say it was a lot of blood, sweat, cheers and pom poms. You'll even see pictures of the secret moment the finalists learned who made it and who didn't. That's followed by total jubilation for some.

Supposedly I broke an abc13.com record with this slide show. There are around 130 pictures. That makes it the largest slide show created in one sitting. It took me HOURS to assemble and days to create overall with the picture taking. I was at the finals for around seven hours taking pictures! When it was all done, I had to sort through more than 400 images!

Would any other web producer in town go to these lengths?

The lesser megapixeled pictures mixed in were taken by another staffer in the Texans Practice Bubble the weekend before during the actual tryouts. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here