support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Casting The Bachelor: My first audio slideshow

Most folks around here don't feel sorry for me when my job is to spend the weekend taking pictures of Texans cheerleader tryouts.

Here's the next one, I covered The Bachelor casting call at the station Monday evening. Not a bad gig if you can get it. To offer something a little different, I took pictures of the ladies and interviewed them with my new Olympus WS-300M recorder. Then I merged the audio and pictures with a Flash based program.


Here is the result.

The Olympus sounds pretty good. The only issue is that it records in WMA and Audacity (what I'm using to splice the audio) doesn't accept Microsoft's proprietary file type. I found away to make it work - it's just a little more time consuming than I like.

Oh yeah, and I think I traded a dollar bill with Erica Rose from the Rome season at the coke machine. The machine wouldn't accept her dollar, I gave her one that worked. She seemed nice to me. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here