support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

"We're like the Griswolds of Halloween"

Michael D. Clark of the Houston Chronicle (and I thought he was just the music reviewer) writes a funny story about a family who REALLY loves Halloween and a ghoulish home owner's association that doesn't get the trick or treat:
It's all Halloween fun until someone pulls the limbs off mannequins, hangs them from meat hooks on the porch next to the blood-spattered and hanged torsos to which they were once attached.

The line between holiday decorating and recreating a scene from a horror movie was at the center of a neighborhood debate over yard decor Jeff Furth and Susie Moorman's home in the Eagle Spring subdivision in Humble for the last week.

The only trick here was the $150 fine from the HOA. Furth ended up moving the display to the backyard.

I would love to see pictures of this display. The story reminds me of the old "Roseanne" episodes where the comedian took things too far on October 31st.

In case you are wondering, that animation is something I created 6 years ago. One of my friends walked in with a surprised look after I snapped his picture, after a little Photoshop, he became known as Steven Wolf. It was the closest pic I had to something Halloween related. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here