support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

Runaway Radio Screenings
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming on Tubi!

Thursday, August 17, 2006

"I was in Shocksville!" - power customer paying for other house's electricity

Power bills are already high enough, so how would you feel if you found out you were paying for your own electricity use and your neighbor's?! It happened to a Houston-area woman and Action 13 took care of it:
"I got a bill for $677 dollars," said Millie Strodosky.

Like the rest of us, Strodosky was shocked by a recent power bill, but something just didn't seem right.

"I said, gee -- we don't have a computer. We are not a high tech," said Strodosky. "The only thing we have is air and my husband likes it warm. We don't keep it at 70 degrees."

End even though Strodosky paid those big bills in full, her power was cut off anyway.

"I was in Shocksville," said Strodosky.

That forced Strodosky to leave her home.

"So I said I can not stay in this house," she said. "We have to go to a hotel."

Find out the rest of the story and how you can stop it from happening to you. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here