support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Good Texas eating

Murdock over at the Dwight Schultz Blog has been travelling around the Lone Star State to review restaurants for his other blog. I'm jealous:
Palomino in Dallas (link)
If you ever want the best tasting pepperoni pizza, go to Palomino in Dallas. I can honestly say that eating the pepperonis by themselves is pure excitement. Of course the rest of the pizza is delicious.

Pelican Club in Port Aransas (link)
It has a delicious selection of food ranging from fish, crab, steak, and my favorite Jumbo shrimp. I just wish I could tell those Jumbo shrimp before they were captured a thing or two about Jumbo-ness!

Lisabellas Bistro in Port Aransas (link)
Lisabellas Bistro has delicious entrees and appetizers. I had the lobster enchiladas while Mrs. Murdock had the Beef Tenderloin with Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Feta Salsa. You see, the missus does not like seafood, unless someone is showing their food (get it- see food = seafood). Now Mrs. Murdock's mother had the most exciting meal. She had the Grilled Salmon with Mango Habanero. Let me tell you I had a bite and I thought it was the best salmon I had. Wow!

Rudy's in Waco (link)
Now I have been to some BBQ places in my life that are just awesome. And then there is Rudy's in Waco. Waco is the perfect place for a BBQ joint like Rudy's. It is that whole country, deep Texas twang type of place to gorge yourself on their food.

Mariano's in Dallas (link)
You would think a gringo like me would want a good old American hamburger? Well think again when it comes to Mariano's in Dallas. This is the place where the original Margarita was invented by Mariano Martinez. You can read about Mariano's history here.
I need to write something about the new Cyclone Anaya's in Midtown. It's good. Look for it on West Gray and Bagby in the Post Properties building. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here