support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

VIDEO: The angry TV news reporter

When I used to be a reporter, there was nothing worse than being on deadline and having a moron behind you while trying to tape something.

It's even worse when it's not on tape. One time I was doing a liveshot and as soon as I was in the dual box with the anchors about to start my live intro, a homeless man came up and asked for money. He had to have known I was live on TV at that point because before that I was standing there quiet for 15 minutes. What do you do in this situation? Just keep going and hopefully the photographer tightens up on you.

But now that I am not on camera, these moments are hilarious!

This reporter
wasn't laughing as a camera hog danced behind her. In fact, she goes after him!

While I have you here, check out this classic clip of a reporter in Jacksonville getting attacked live on the air. The only casualty here was the live shot. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here