support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

You got a beer opener?

So a colleague and I were returning from Austin and stopped off for some fuel at a gas station right before the 290 curve back to Houston.

We're getting the gasoline.

A truck full of middle-aged women stop, roll down their window and shout in our direction.

"Hey, do you guys have a beer opener in your van?"

My reaction, "No, this is a work van."

Her rebuttal, "What does that matter?"

Even if I had been in my personal truck and actually had a bottle opener, I would never contribute to an alcohol fueled drive down Highway 290. The bluebonnets are intoxicating enough for some drivers who aren't watching the road. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here