support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Mark Cuban gets intimate on Q&A

One thing Dallas has over Houston in my opinion is Mark Cuban. Love him or hate him, but you have to call him at least interesting. I don't read blog maverick...maybe I should start.

Recently Cuban appeared on C-SPAN's Q&A with Brian Lamb. This is a great interview (listen to the podcast), because it is not the traditional ten minutes, we're out of here for a commercial break approach.

Cuban on starting audionet which would become Broadcast.com:

CUBAN: We put a $3 million valuation on it and we let our friends put in only $30,000 apiece because the thing that scares me more than anything is losing a friend's money. And each of those $30,000 investments turned into $22 million when we sold.

LAMB: How many made $22 million?

CUBAN: There were I think eight of our buddies that invested with us.

So if there are any would be Internet moguls out there, I would like to invest $20 and make it $20 million. Thanks. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here