support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

Runaway Radio

Friday, August 28, 2026

Fmr. KPRC 2 reporter Jake Reiner talks after parents' murders


Former KPRC 2 Houston reporter Jake Reiner gave his first sit-down interview to ABC 7 KABC Los Angeles's Marc Cota-Robles eight months after his parents were killed.

Watch the interview above.

“As a reporter, I did it for 10 years, I came up on crime scenes all the time,” Reiner said. “But when it's your crime scene, a crime scene at your childhood home, it’s like the most surreal thing I've ever seen."

His brother, Nick, was later arrested and charged with two counts of murder in the killings of their father, Hollywood director and actor Rob Reiner, and their mother, Michele Reiner.

Jake Reiner was with KPRC from 2015 to 2018.



CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here