support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

Runaway Radio

Thursday, August 06, 2026

Daniella Guzman's message to KPRC 2 viewers upon her return

Daniella Guzman


Daniella Guzman returned to the KPRC 2 Houston morning newscast this morning with an apology to viewers.

After the newscast, Guzman sent me this message to her viewers:


“To my viewers, friends, and community:

Over the past several days, many of you have reached out to me with questions, concern, and encouragement. I have read your messages, and I am deeply grateful for your kindness and support.

Recently, I accepted tickets to two events from a longtime personal friend. Because I believed they were personal gifts, I did not disclose them as required under station policies. That was my responsibility, and I should have handled it differently… and for that I was wrong and I am truly sorry.

KPRC 2 conducted a thorough review, and I fully cooperated throughout the process. That review found no ethical violations or conflicts or interest. I respect the station’s commitment to maintaining the highest ethical standards, and I accept responsibility for my unintentional mistake. I have donated the cash value of the tickets to a local non-profit organization that will impact Houstonians in need directly.

I’ve been a journalist for more than 20 years and I have tried to serve the communities and viewers with honesty, fairness, and integrity. Those values remain at the heart of who I am, both personally and professionally. While this experience has been difficult, it has also been an important reminder that even honest mistakes can have serious consequences.

I am thankful for the opportunity to return to work and continue doing what I love, serving the Houston community through journalism.

Your trust means everything to me, and I will continue working every day to earn it.”


Guzman was placed on leave while the station conducted an internal review into tickets she accepted for a concert and FIFA World Cup matches. Although the review found no evidence that the tickets influenced or were connected to her journalism or news coverage, Guzman acknowledged that accepting them could create the appearance of a conflict of interest.

To address those concerns and eliminate any perception of a conflict, she made a charitable donation equal to the cash value of the tickets.



CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here