support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

Runaway Radio

Monday, July 20, 2026

Mo Haider departs ABC13 Houston


Mo Haider has left his news and sports reporting position with ABC13 KTRK Houston after returning to his hometown station in 2024.

In an internal memo obtained by mikemcguff.com, ABC13's VP of News and Digital, Keaton Fuchs, called Haider "one of the nicest people in the biz."

"As I wrap up my time at KTRK, I just wanted to give a heartfelt thank you to all of you," Haider wrote in the memo to the Eyewitness News staff.  "This is the strongest and most talented team I've ever worked with, and I feel lucky to have been a part of it. For as long as I can remember, this station has set the bar and the standard for local news. When I first arrived, it was easy to see why. I learned so much during my time here, and I credit all of you for that."

An Emmy-nominated journalist, Haider came back to Houston after spending more than a decade working at television stations across the country. 

He joined ABC13 from KOMO-TV Seattle, where he served as a reporter and fill-in anchor beginning in 2021.

Before Seattle, Haider spent three years at WTVF NewsChannel 5, the CBS affiliate in Nashville, Tennessee.

Other job highlights in Haider's career include:


WGBA NBC 26 Green Bay – News Reporter/Producer/Weekend Anchor

KRQE News 13 Albuquerque – News Reporter

KCAU 9 Sioux City – News Reporter/Fill-in Producer/Fill-in Anchor


A native of New Orleans, Haider moved with his family to Sugar Land in 2005, where they still live today.

He is a graduate of the University of Houston's Jack J. Valenti School of Communication. While at UH, Haider wrote for The Daily Cougar, hosted a program on Coog Radio, and completed internships at Houston stations KPRC 2 and FOX 26 KRIV. 




CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here