support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Jake Reiner leaving KPRC 2


KPRC 2 reporter Jake Reiner is leaving KPRC 2 and the TV news business.

Back in 2015, when I blogged that a Reiner was coming to channel 2 from KION Salinas, California (Market 125), I never thought his last name was connected to the famous Hollywood family.

Someone in my comments immediately pointed out Jake is the son of actor/director Rob Reiner and grandson of Carl Reiner.

Well, the acting bug has bitten the younger Reiner, so he is leaving TV news biz and heading back to Hollywood to perform and be with his family.

"I really want people to know that I'm going home, not only because I have this passion for acting and performing (but) I want to be closer to my family," he told the Houston Chronicle's Cary Darling. "My girlfriend lives in L.A. and I love her very much and I want to be closer to her. I would say more than anything, it's a quality of life decision."

The Chron says Reiner will be at KPRC until August, but will make an appearance on the big screen in his dad's upcoming film, Shock and Awe.

And it's a perfect role for a TV news journalist. Here is the summary from IMDB:

"A group of journalists covering George Bush's planned invasion of Iraq in 2003 are skeptical of the presidents claim that Saddam Hussein has "weapons of mass destruction."

The movie stars Woody Harrelson, James Marsden and Milla Jovovich.

Recently I pitched a scenario to Reiner that could garner him social media super-stardom! He should do a parody of his father's film Spinal Tap but instead of rockers, target the TV news world! Turn that IFB up to 11!

Instead of a tiny Stonehenge scene, you have a tiny news set delivered to the station!

Say goodbye to Reiner here and help me come up with more Spinal Tap-ish news parody ideas. Maybe we can still produce this? Kickstarter anyone?



CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here