support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Fmr. Houston anchor Phillip Mena debuts on NBC


I never dreamed that when I was covering former KPRC 2 talent Phillip Mena one day NBC News would be calling me.

And yes, it actually happened.

The former channel 2 weekend anchor left Houston for ABC News a few years ago.

Now he has jumped over to NBC and MSNBC as an anchor. Thus the reason for the peacock network call.

Here was my one part in the article:

“Phillip came from El Paso, which is a big jump up,” said Houston media blogger Mike McGuff. “He (Mena) immediately had a good presence as an anchor, which is rare, not everyone can do that right away.” READ MORE

I'm glad that NBC writer Raul A. Reyes was able to make something of my ramblings.

Hey, is it NBC News week around here or something?


CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here