support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Deneige Broom joins FOX 26 KRIV

UPDATE AUGUST 02, 2019
Deneige Broom leaves FOX 26 KRIV


The Houston heat must be making you and me delirious.

Apparently FOX 26 KRIV got a new reporter in June and I didn't notice, and most importantly, no Houston TV viewers wrote in to tell me.

That's odd.

I mean, viewers contact me about rings appearing and disappearing on anchor's fingers.

Some seem to watch newscasts with magnifying classes against the screen to see if {insert TV personality name here} has popped a zit.

Anyway, Orlando Sentinel columnist Hal Boedeker just wrote a piece about Deneige Broom leaving WFTV Orlando for FOX 26 KRIV.

At least the humidity won't catch her off guard.

Broom started at WFTV in 2013.

“I came from a much smaller market (Tallahassee), and WFTV taught me how to investigate stories and analyze things in a way that I don't think I could've been shown anywhere else," Broom told Boedeker. "It was a lot of work and stress at times, but I'm thankful for the growth and opportunity to report and anchor in my hometown market so early in my career.”

Before Orlando, Broom worked in the Valdosta, Ga. bureau for Tallahassee's WCTV.

She attended Florida State University and even covered football there as a sideline reporter for ESPNU.

According to her bio, Broom lived in Madrid, Spain and worked for the Spanish government as a teacher where she became fluent in Spanish.

Speaking of FOX 26, I understand meteorologist Lisa Vaughn is still missing.

Will let you know if I hear anything.

I still have viewers writing in about Vaughn.





CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here