Tuesday, March 01, 2016

Ruben Galvan announced departure from KPRC 2


UPDATE JULY 2016
Ruben Galvan returns to XETV San Diego 6 News (CW affiliate) where he worked prior to KPRC 2.

KPRC 2 entertainment reporter Ruben Galvan leaves station for California

 photo Ruben-Galvan-640_zpsapch5hn3.jpg
Ruben Galvan

Ruben Galvan is heading back to California. The KPRC 2 morning feature reporter made the announcement on Facebook:

Thank YOU Houston!
To all of my friends, family, colleagues, and VIEWERS... I have decided to move back to California after an amazing ride here at KPRC2.
It has been a JOY being an Entertainment Reporter in my hometown for the past 2 1/2 years and I couldn't Thank You enough.
I will dearly miss my FAVORITE morning team and the best photographer in the world, Cesar Martinez.
This dream would have never come true without my faith in God and support from a very special group of folks from the very beginning like Jerry Martin (GM), Bill Balleza, and Deborah Collura (Former ND).
Also, thank you Rhonda LaVelle (ND) for embracing my creativity and humor.
I have chosen to pursue the next chapter of my life and take a short break.
My last day at work is March 4th. Until then... COME on BACK!
Love Ruben

Galvan made his mark on the KPRC 2 morning show. After he and anchor Rachel McNeill were added to the show in 2013, the newscast went to number one for a few years. In fact, after Ruben's arrival, other Houston TV stations added more feature oriented reporters to their morning shows.

Before that, Galvan spent 10 years at XETV San Diego 6 News (CW affiliate) as the morning entertainment/feature reporter. He also worked at KXXV Waco and KTVB-Ch.7 in Boise, Idaho.

He is a a graduate of Spring Branch's Northbrook High School and the University of Houston.

Hopefully he will let us know what he's doing next soon.

UPDATE JULY 2016
Ruben Galvan returns to XETV San Diego 6 News (CW affiliate) where he worked prior to KPRC 2.


RELATED
- Courtney Gilmore to leave KPRC 2 for NBC 5 KXAS DFW
- VIDEO: KPRC's Ruben Galvan's snake scare scream
- KPRC 2's Ruben Galvan's slimy live shot

Thank YOU Houston! To all of my friends, family, colleagues, and VIEWERS... I have decided to move back to California...
Posted by KPRC2 Ruben Galvan on Thursday, February 25, 2016

I had the day off from work today, so missed the going-away shindig.  Wanted to wish @kprcrubentv #RubenGalvan the very...
Posted by KPRC2 Jennifer Reyna on Friday, March 4, 2016


37 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, but I'm kind of happy about this. I love people who try to be different, but he was quite annoying. It's like he was trying to be different and up all the time. I like people who are naturally different from the rest and don't have to put any effort into it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. won't miss him. He was too exaggerated. Like Fox 26;s Ruben Dominquez much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good. He was annoying, unentertaining and represents 1 of 4 unwatchable morning crew hacks who belong in a different career.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say at first, it was interesting, but as with several others opinions here, he became far too animated and predictable.
    All the best. Glad the winds of change are blowing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad changes are forthcoming. He became far too animated. Striving for difference like he did it wasn't to my liking.
    All the best. Looking forward to the changes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He was ok at first but then seemed to be knocking at every corner. Good luck to him in his next chapter whatever that may be.

    See if anyone takes his place and perhaps tones it down some or what. I used to watch KPRC a lot in the morning before him and even Rachel added in there. But now don't really watch KPRC at all anymore. Maybe if anything check Frank out for Weather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will miss him. I hope to do what he does one day so I can have fun on the morning show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anyone can do what he does...smile weirdly, talk and act annoyingly, and say dumb things while being effeminate. Dream a bit bigger, Taylor.

      Delete
    2. OWEN YOUR LAST NAME SAYS IT ALL, TAYLOR CAN DREAM TO BE ANYTHING HE WANTS. AT LEAST HE HAS A DREAM YOU JUST TYPE ON A COMPUTER RUDE THINGS WHICH I GUESS IS WHY YOUR LAST NAME IS SUCKSPLENTY.

      Delete
    3. Get to know your "caps lock" key, Anon, you cute clueless old man! It's the third key up on the left side. Learn to use it...then you may be on your path to critical thinking and knowledge growth to see the comedy of errors in your post. Oh...and Owen does suck plenty.

      Delete
    4. AND you love to TYPE IN ALL CAPS! LOLZ

      Delete
  8. Great News... He is way so annoying!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Same as most posts. Way over the top Glad he's leaving

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bye Felicia!! Lol j/k you're too much. Kinda annoying

    ReplyDelete
  11. Come on back y'all come on back...NOT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad he is leaving I turn it off when he was on.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Him.... I'm going to miss him dearly. He made me smile everyday. I tried to meet him when we both worked the HFD toy drive.. God bless you Reuben.I love you and you will be missed by me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm going to miss Rueben Galvan
    He was my morning cup of coffee! My boyfriend and I made sure we watched him together every morning.Good luck Rueben!

    ReplyDelete
  15. He was a funny guy wonder why he really left hope he stays in touch God bless him

    ReplyDelete
  16. will not miss that "come on back" country slang that no one says in Houston.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is what is wrong with this world. If you can't say anything nice, don't say it. I know that they asked for comments, but you should keep the ugly ones to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, you should just lie to people and tell them what they want to hear? Maybe, instead, you should work on your low self-esteem, so you don't have to rely on what other think about you and not being able to hear the truth? Just food for thought! As far as I can see, none of them are " ugly." All the comments are pretty much spot on and commenting on what he says.

      Delete
  18. KPRC should have paid him whatever necessary to keep him. He could have become a real Houston tv legend if given time.

    ReplyDelete
  19. He was the poster boy for what's wrong and unwatchable on TV. Good riddance.

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow, never read so many mean and ugly comments. It must be really hard for all of you that wrote such nasty things to be so perfect in everything that you do, hmmm, but wait NOT so please dont yall come on back, yall just need to leave.

    ReplyDelete
  21. ugly is just ugly, and haters are haters that is what yall are if you dont have anything nice to say then shut the (*(&$# UP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please work on your confidence level and your low self-esteem. He chose this career,because he wanted " celebrity" and because of nepotism( I'm pretty sure you don't know what that word means). He needs to hear the truth, so he can work on it and get better. I actually am perfect in my job, because I listen to critics and ask myself " are they right?" When they are, I work on being better. Obviously, you just call people " mean" and " haters."

      Delete
  22. He was annoying. Third grade humor. I really don't care for his life style. He fits in California with all the fruits

    ReplyDelete
  23. As time went by, I found myself changing the channel when he was doing his "reports". Great work ethic though....who wants to wake up before the crack of dawn. Hats off to him for that Would have been a lot better if someone coached him a bit on how to "tone it down" a bit. Does anyone remember?...... for a period of time before Reuben appeared on KPRC, there was a person with a live camera showing various things, but you never saw their face

    ReplyDelete
  24. Now that channel 2 is the Houston tv ratings champion how much will Ruben leaving hurt them?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Reyna's Twitter avatar is so heavily photoshopped, it doesn't remotely look like her.

    ReplyDelete
  26. He was to immature, acted like he was on meth.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I stopped watching this channel because of Ruben. I'm glad he moved back to California. He was really annoying. He made the people he was interviewing uncomfortable and it was hard to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I live in San Diego. When Ruben Galvan appeared on CW 6 i thought it was a joke ! Completely annoying clown with a very creepy laugh. Now i find that 7 out of 10 people feel the same. I just sent an email to CW6 telling them they have made a huge mistake and i will not watch if he is on.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I will not watch CW6 if Ruben Galvan is on. I have sent several emails to the station stating so. He is a total idiot. Please, CW6, send him packing back to the circus.

    ReplyDelete