Monday, March 21, 2016

PK joins Power 96.1 Atlanta

Former Hot 95.7 KKHH morning host PK joins Power 96.1 WWPW in Atlanta

PK with his former Hot 95.7 co-hosts Sarah Pepper and Ivan
PK with his former Hot 95.7 co-hosts Sarah Pepper and Ivan
Clearly lots of Houston radio listeners miss PK from the Hot 95.7 KKHH morning show.

 How can I tell?

 The post where I wrote about his departure has pretty much remained in my top 6 most read posts since I posted it in early January!

Just announced this weekend, PK has joined Power 96.1 WWPW in Atlanta. It's an IHeartMedia station so you can listen to him on the IHeartRadio app or online every weekday morning with new partner Riley.

PK will continue doing his PK and DK video podcast from Atlanta with DK, aka his wife, Denise Kalentzis. Click here to see more about that.



8 comments:

  1. Do you think maybe he, or the same people,are the ones reading the story? Do you have 6 million readers? I think most people don't really care. They would rather just hear music and no egotistical, uneducated radio people talking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure some do care. I am one of those who enjoy the talk during my drive to work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you someone who was in radio, or wanted to be? Every radio station;especially, in mornings talk about the same exact things and do the same exact games. There is a reason why Sunny always does so well. Besides the variety of music, the personalities rarely talk and when they do, they do the bare minimum. Go to the mall and ask everyone if they care about radio, what stations they listen to and if they care about who is on.

      Delete
  3. Is his wife DK the same person that's on Mix 96.5 on that morning show?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd rather listen to Rod Ryan, Dinah and Alex in the morning on KTBZ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. People listen to the radio to be entertained and I personally think he was entertaining. That's why I would tune in in the mornings if I wanted to just listen to music I would just keep Pandora on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then they must be pretty disappointed. The majority of people just listen for music. They don't want to hear a bunch of uneducated, egotistical, self-centered radio people who aren't funny, but think they are, go on and on and play stupid games. At least, the well-educated listeners with money don't want to hear this. Radio DJs are only great in their own minds!

      Delete