Thursday, September 11, 2014

Jessica Holloway lands KTRK abc13 reporter gig

Former KVUE 24 reporter/fill-in anchor Jessica Holloway starts reporting at KTRK abc13

Jessica Holloway
Jessica Holloway
Former KVUE 24 Austin crime and criminal justice beat reporter, Jessica Holloway, showed up as a reporter at KTRK abc13 during my blog break time.

It was just two years ago I blogged about her arrival in Austin! My how time flies.

"Growing up in a family of six kids, I understand there can be six versions of the same story," Holloway wrote in her KVUE bio. "I strive for fairness. I'm dedicated to finding the truth. Once I begin an investigation, I see it through to the end."

Holloway, a native Houstonian, previously reported for KOCO in Oklahoma City. She started her TV career at KFDM Beaumont.

"My most memorable times being a journalist are when natural disasters, life-changing or major events have affected people's lives," Holloway wrote in Austin. "I've never felt more connected to the craft as when I stood outside the Jefferson County Courthouse in Beaumont, Texas, reporting for KFDM-TV, warning families that Hurricane Ike was headed our way, and the county would be calling for a mandatory evacuation. Several people died in that hurricane. I knew in that moment, holding the microphone, staring into the camera, nothing mattered more than warning people to get to safety."






7 comments:

  1. Why is it only pretty people can report the news?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean why is it only thin women with long hair and lots of makeup report the news? Pretty is when you wake up looking good and you don't need to do anything to yourself!

      Delete
    2. Expect more news stations across Texas to bring in young beautiful women to work as anchors and reporters.

      Delete
  2. STEVE- If you could only see their before pics. They need to attract the average man. Average in looks and everything else and that's what these women do. These kind of men tend to believe EVERYTHING they see and base who/what they watch on what they "appear" to see. They don't seem to know any better, for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's gorgeous. Looks like we have more competition for Jennifer and Chita.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this you Jessica? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq1pdAI1LKA

    ReplyDelete