LOCAL NEWS RATINGS HIGHLIGHTS
· “Noticias 45 a las 5” weekdays at 5 p.m. is the No. 1, most watched, early local newscast among Adults 18-49, averaging 42,000 (1.5 rating) Adult 18-49 viewers, ahead of local KTRK-ABC, KPRC-NBC, KHOU-CBS, KRIV-FOX and KIAH-CW affiliates in Houston.
· Airing weekdays at 10 p.m, “Noticias 45 Edición Nocturna” also ranked No. 1, averaging 89,000 (3.1 rating) Adult 18-49 viewers, 85% more than No. 2 KPRC-NBC. Additionally, among Adults 25-54, “Noticias 45 Edición Nocturna” also ranks No. 1, averaging 85,000 (3.2 rating).
ADDITIONAL KXLN UNIVISION 45 HIGHLIGHTS
· In Daytime (Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.), KXLN is the No. 1 station, averaging 35,000 (1.2 rating) Adult 18-49 viewers, 30% more than No. 2 KTRK-ABC.
· During the May sweep, KXLN achieved a higher primetime rating than all other broadcast stations including the major English-language network affiliates: KTRK-ABC, KPRC-NBC, KHOU-CBS and KRIV-FOX, averaging 79,000 (2.7 rating) viewers Adults 18-49 and 74,000 (2.7 rating) viewers Adults 25-54.
· KXLN’s was also the top ranked broadcast station in total day viewing averaged 39,000 Adults 18-49 viewers, 30% more than No. 2 KTRK-ABC.
Source: The Nielsen Company, NSI, May14 (04/24/14-05/21/14) sweep. Live+Same Day. Primetime based on KXLN, KTRK, KHOU, KPRC M-Sat 7:00p.m.-10:00p.m./Sun 6:00p.m.-10:00p.m. and KRIV, KIAH M-Sat 7:00p.m.-9:00p.m./Sun 6:00p.m.-9:00p.m.; early evening local news based on KXLN, KPRC, KRTK, KHOU M-F 5:00p.m-5:30p.m.; KRIV, KIAH, M-F 5:00p.m.-6:00p.m.; late local news based on KXLN, KPRC, KTRK, KHOU M-F 10:00p.m.-10:30p.m.; KRIV, KIAH, M-F 9:00p.m.-10:00p.m.; total day based on M-Sun 6:00a.m.-2:00a.m, all stations.
(This post was taken from a press release sent to me by Univision Houston)