Thursday, February 20, 2014

Where is Jose Grinan of FOX 26?

Fox 26 KRIV anchor Jose Grinan lets us know he is OK since he's gone "missing"

UPDATED 3/27/2014
Jose Grinan returns to Fox 26 KRIV mornings:




Fox 26 KRIV anchor Jose Grinan has been a fixture of the Fox owned and operated station's morning news for twenty plus years. So when he "disappears" from the anchor desk, viewers notice.

But Grinan has a very good reason for being away, he's recovering from surgery. Here is what he posted on his station Facebook page:

M-I-A... and I don't mean Miami International Airport. A number of you... my FB family and friends, have inquired about my absence from FOX26. Thank you for your concern over my well-being. So, I thought it was time to 'fess up.

For the next few weeks, I will be resting and recovering from a neck vertebra surgery that was a bit more complicated and more serious than I thought.

But I am so very thankful that I was able to take care of it before it reached that point of no return in my health, especially at my age. I miss inter-acting with all of you. And, I look forward to my return.

In the meantime, Tom Zizka has returned to the morning news to fill-in for Grinan.

Here's to a speedy recovery Jose! We know you can be a "daredevil."

Grinan missed some time from the news back in 2010 after suffering from a stroke.



25 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update Mike/Jose. Jose, you're missed. Make sure you're 100% before you return to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fox 26 fan, where is Kristine Galvan?

      Ford Atkinson hasn't been heard from either

      Delete
    2. I am relieved that he is ok. Looking forward to seeing him again.

      Delete
  2. Wow... glad to know your still with Fox 26.....sorry about the health challange my prayers for healing and wholeness are with you continue to recover cant wait to see you back in ACTION..

    Gina Jones

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss you and have a speedy recover!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad your absence is only temporary!! We miss you on Morning News.

    ReplyDelete
  5. God speed in your recovery. You are missed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Didn't know why you are missing on the morning news. God bless you for a full recovery. Will be glad to see when you are back on the news,. I wake up with fox news and there is a part missing since you are out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prayers are with you! We miss you and anticipate your return.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Get well soon my prayers are with you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  9. I watch you every morning. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope for a speedy recovery and to see you soon on the news . God Bless always .

    ReplyDelete
  11. just had the same surgery 3-7-14 day by day get well soon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eric and LuCrecia Jenkins3/17/2014 09:40:00 PM

    Jose, my wife and I watch u every day and have wonderd of your absence. Thank God you're ok and recovering. People at my job miss you and we all love you and are waiting to see our news man. Get well u r missed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Miss you Jose. Hope you have a speedy recovery....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Im glad that you are being mindful of recovering completely. God bless and look forward to seeing you soon! You are missed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad that you are mindful of recovering completely. God bless you and look forward to seeing you again. You are missed.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Missouri City Morning Viewer3/18/2014 09:48:00 AM

    Jose, I've missed you and wondered at your absence. I'm happy to learn that your absence is temporary and I pray for your speedy recovery. God's blessings on you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  17. JOSE I DON'T WATCH FOX 26 OFTEN, BUT WHEN I DO, I SEE YOU. YOU ARE AN INVITING FACE TO SEE WITH A GREAT PERSONALITY. I WISH YOU
    A FULL RECOVERY AND COME BACK STRONG. MANY BLESSINGS TO YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  18. We miss you! God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really miss Jose, it is far to often that anchors have taken a leave and never seen again. Jose is an icon that is Houston fox 26 we look toward seeing and we trust. It would be a travesty to lose Jose for any reason. I pray for a blessed and speedy recovery...On a selfish level I look forward to your return.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's okay if you retire. The program is making it without you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ain't that the truth! Jose who! The cartoon character?? I did not miss that irritating voice. Can Melissa Wilson go missing as well???

      Delete
  21. Try to be yourself instead of trying to entertain us as though we are kids! Your voice is very annoying. Although I didn't miss you, I wish you recover completely.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Melissa and Jose found their serious voices to cover Fort Hood updates!

    ReplyDelete

AD