Friday, August 02, 2013

KPRC 2's Bill Balleza talks about facelift

I've been getting lots of emails about Bill Balleza's return to KPRC this week. After a month on vacation in July, my readers are asking if the popular Balleza had work done on his face. The answer is yes. I asked Bill about it and here is what he told mikemcguff.com:

Bill Balleza
For reasons that are entirely personal I decided to do something about my appearance.

I am now 65 and a few years ago began noticing that my face and neck were sagging. Over the past 18 months or so I made some nutritional changes that resulted in my losing about 25 pounds.

The weight loss made the sagging in my face and neck even worse so I decided to have a lower face lift. I did not have any work done on my eyes, but the normal swelling that follows a lower face lift did make the area around my eyes puffy, and the swelling is taking longer than anticipated to abate.

I could have waited a few more weeks for the swelling to fully resolve but I really wanted to return to the job I love.

It is possible that the swelling will be around for a few more weeks and I am hoping that our viewers will indulge me during this period.

Years ago, Marvin Zindler told me that I would one day decide to have plastic surgery, and although I silently disagreed with him at the time, it turns out he was right.

For my part, I believe it was the right decision, and I truly hope that folks agree with me.

Here is a photo from Thursday's newscast after Balleza returned to channel 2:

 photo billballezareturn_zps98a75b67.jpg



30 comments:

  1. He looks ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  3. I'm not crazy about how Bill looks with the facelift. Looked better before having the surgery. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. he was a goodlooking man..oh no.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww I feel REALLY sorry for him because he looks absolutely atrocious. His face looked perfectly fine before. I thought the point of getting facelifts is so that people won't be able to tell if you've had one. Bad decision I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's done is done. Let's not make him feel worse. I wish him well and hope the swelling goes down and he is happy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sad he looks so bad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. people, he must heal... give it time. and everyone has their own personal story and journey. respect that he was willing to share his...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I respect Bill's decision but still wish he had left well enough alone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the one that looks ridiculous is the one on his side (DS) They need to get rid of HER. He did lose weight but he shouldn't have done in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dominique carries the news to a whole new level. You are crazy.

      Delete
    2. TheGhostOfEwardRMurrow8/06/2013 07:13:00 PM

      Yeah. She carries news down to a level that is about 3 metres below whale dung on the ocean floor. She is an embarrassment to journalism.

      Delete
  11. Yikes! He should have taken more time off to heal if he needed it. He has been one of my favorite broadcasters over the years but he now looks a bit freakish and it is very distracting. He looked great before, what a shame he went under the knife. Did he use Kenny Rogers surgeon?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck, Bill! You should always feel like you can do what YOU feel you need to! Just know the public respects you for our character, journalism, and professionalism.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It will be okay Mr. Bill! The swelling will go down. You were and still are a wonderful man, great newsman and I wish you the best! Don't do plastic surgery for no one but yourself. You are still a very handsome man! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, Bill. Why?????????????

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree he does look freakish.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I grew up watching Bill, he did not need to do it, but as long as he is happy I respect his decision

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sad because he used to be a distinguished looking man. What is wrong with growing old gracefully?

    ReplyDelete
  18. He looks like Kenny Rogers and Sachse looks like Joan Rivers. Why people do this to themselves and think they look good is beyond me.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bill, what were you thinking off! You were aging so gracefully. I hope you can live with your face when the swelling goes down.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Excellent comments everyone! Way to censor that 2nd comment.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Joan Rivers long lost brother?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just saw Bill for the first time, post surgery, on the 6:00 news. He looks absolutely terrible and his speaking is quite obviously affected by the surgery. (Just as that Fox news blonde, Elizabeth Huddy, has a nasally voice since her nose job, Bill is twisting and stumbling over words since his facelift. Must have pulled a lot of skin and muscle around the jaw and cheeks.)
    This is sad. Was bad enough looking at his sidekick.

    ReplyDelete
  23. He did what he thought was best for him. I hope it heals properly and that people would not say bad things about him. He is such a sweet man. I am a big fan regardless. I wish you well Bill.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Look people. . He has not gone as far as Marvin Zindler!! Quit hattin! Just because yall can't afford it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. He looks creepy now. Too bad for him. I can hardly watch Channel 2 news anymore. His face creeps me out. Hopefully for him it will improve with healing. Otherwse it will look like a botch job.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Bill Balleza looks great. Luv him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Bill looks great - the face lift settled in nicely and everyone who says otherwise is a Hater!

    ReplyDelete