More Adults 18-49 and Adults 25-54 watch Univision 45’s primetime line-up, early evening and late local news than any other broadcast station in Houston, regardless of language
KXLN Univision 45 today announced it has finished as the No.1 broadcast station among Adults 18-49 and Adults 25-54 during July 2013 sweep period, in the key dayparts of primetime, early evening local news, late local news and total day viewing, regardless of language.
Primetime Ratings Highlights:
· During the July sweep more Houstonians watched KXLN Univision 45’s primetime programming than all other broadcast stations, including all the major English-language network affiliates: KTRK-ABC, KHOU-CBS and KPRC-NBC.
· KXLN Univision 45’s primetime averaged 109,000 (3.9 rating) Adults 18-49 viewers.
· Univision’s 10th Annual “Premios Juventud” youth awards show telecast on KXLN averaged 157,000 (5.6 rating) Adult 18-49 viewers and was the No. 1 program of the day (7/18/13). The award show also saw ratings growth of 56% over the 2012 broadcast results among the key adult demo.
NEWS RATINGS HIGHLIGHTS
· KXLN’s Noticias 45 a las 5” (News 45 at 5) and “Noticias 45 Edición Nocturna” (News 45 Evening Edition), are the No. 1 early evening and late local newscasts among Adults 18-49 and Adults 25-54 ahead of local ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX and the CW affiliates in Houston according to the July 2013 sweep results.
“Noticias 45 a las 5” weekdays at 5 p.m. finished as the No.1 early evening newscast averaging 52,000 (1.8 rating) Adult 18-49 viewers, more than 100% higher than the No. 2 stations, KTRK-ABC and KHOU-CBS, both averaging 25,000 Adults 18-49.
“Noticias 45 Edición Nocturna” weekdays at 10 p.m. ranked No. 1, averaging 99,000 (3.5 rating) Adult 18-49 viewers. It has also been the most watched 10p.m. local news for the last 11 consecutive July sweeps among Adults 18-49.
ADDITIONAL KXLN UNIVISION 45 HIGHLIGHTS:
· KXLN’s is the broadcast station for soccer. The CONCACAF Gold Cup match between USA and Cuba on 7/13/13 garnered 336% more Adult 18-49 viewers than the same match on KRIV-FOX.
· KXLN’s quarter-final match of the CONCACAF Gold Cup on 7/21/13, USA vs. El Salvador, averaged 75,000 (2.7 rating) Adults 18-49, 226% higher than KRIV-FOX’s telecast of the same match.
· KXLN finished the July 2013 sweep as the No. 1 broadcast station in total day viewing averaging 48,000 (1.7 rating) viewers Adults 18-49, 128% more than No. 2 KTRK-ABC.
Source: The Nielsen Company, NSI, July03, July04, July05, July06, July07, July08, July09, July10, July11, July12, July13 (06/27/13-07/24/13) sweep. Live+Same Day. Primetime based on KXLN, KTRK, KHOU, KPRC M-Sat 7:00p.m.-10:00p.m./Sun 6:00p.m.-10:00p.m. and KRIV, KIAH M-Sat 7:00p.m.-9:00p.m./Sun 6:00p.m.-9:00p.m.; early evening local news based on KXLN, KPRC, KRTK, KHOU and KTMD M-F 5:00p.m-5:30p.m.; KRIV, KIAH, M-F 5:00p.m.-6:00p.m.; late local news based on KXLN, KPRC, KTRK, KHOU and KTMD M-F 10:00p.m.-10:30 p.m.; KRIV, KIAH, M-F 9:00p.m.-10:00 p.m. ; total day based on M-Sun 6:00a.m.-2:00a.m, all stations.
(This post was taken from a release sent to me by Univision Houston)
- Texas TV 2013 sweeps