- News Blooper - Dead microphone
- Bob Herzog, Jalopnik’s Sexiest Traffic Reporter, Is Going Viral Again
- Dombeck newly married and beaming in official wedding video
- VIDEO: Is It National ‘Talk Like A Reporter Day?’
- What Was the Funniest Local News Moment in 2012?
- Howard Stern's Penis Ruins Fox News, CNN Times Square Reports
- 2012 In 4 Minutes
- All the year's top radio hits in one mashup
- It's A Wonderful 630 on News 4 WOAI
- CBS 11 AM News Christmas Promo 2012
Police seek man charged with stalking TV reporter Reyna
Investigators said a Friendswood man has been stalking KPRC 2's Jennifer Reyna since Sept. 14, disregarding a no-contact order issued by a judge in May 2007 after he twice drove his vehicle through the front door of the news station.
- UPDATE: Man accused of stalking TV reporter arrested
Top mikemcguff.com posts for 2012
The top Houston media stories of 2012 by pageviews or Dominique Sachse. So that means the readers decided this list by what they clicked on most throughout the year.
KILT sports talkers going national?
SportsRadio 610 KILT's Josh Innes and Ted Johnson are adding on a national show.
And to all a good night
D-FW's list of 2012 TV exits.
Is Wayne On The Campaign?
Houston attorney Ben Hall speaks out against recent reports that Wayne Dolcefino is working on his possible mayoral campaign against Mayor Annise Parker.
- Dolcefino Communications LLC
First-time legislator Wu to focus on school issues
KTRK 13 reporter Miya Shay's husband, Gene Wu, gets a nice profile in The Houston Chronicle.
KCOH Radio moving to 1230 AM
KCOH, now at 1430 AM, will move down on the dial, but its legacy as the voice of Houston's black community will endure.
- Saved By a Lease Purchase Option... Is the Future of KCOH Radio Secure?
- Black Media Roundtable
KSBJ's NGEN going national?
In an email newsletter, KSBJ stated: "NGEN radio as it goes national, and heads towards an FM signal large enough to cover all of Houston."
Houston-Galveston TX radio ratings
Houston-Galveston TX radio ratings December 2012 Portable People Meter (Updated: 12-26-12).
Jim Pruett gets death threats
Jim Pruett, host of NewsFix’s “Bullet Points,” received a death threat in the mail.
Houston Press Christmas party invoice
View The Houston Press freelancer Christmas party invoice by clicking the link above.
Local 2 anchors, reporters make New Year's resolutions
Like many of you, some KPRC Local 2 anchors and reporters have made New Year's resolutions. Check out what they hope to change about their lives in 2013.
A Healthy Forecast from a KRIV FOX26 Meteorologist
John Dawson, KRIV FOX26 Meteorologist and Vic Coppinger Family YMCA member, shares his exercise and healthy living tips.
San Antonio TV reporter becomes first responder
A woman was apparently hit by a what appeared to be a small bullet at a San Antonio New Year's Eve event. She ended being treated next to the stage where WOAI's Leslie Bohl and Michael Garofalo were reporting. Due to the massive crowd, getting an ambulance was a problem, so Michael offered to take her to a hospital using a van he was in charge of during the event.
Austin reporter merry-go-round continues; this week it's KVUE's turn
A major problem in this, the 45th largest TV news market, is the seemingly constant turnover in the reporter ranks.
2012 brought big changes to local TV stations
Austin TV saw changes aplenty in 2012 - some expected … others, not so much.
A lot of moves this year on Austin’s radio dial
Austin radio underwent tremendous changes in 2012 and, as we ease into 2013, even more are on the way
KFDM Is Saddened To Report The Death Of Our Colleague, Our Friend, Bill Leger
KFDM is saddened to report the death of our colleague, our friend, Bill Leger. Bill was a member of our KFDM family as an anchorman and reporter for about 20 years, and his work on television and his community service touched many families across Southeast Texas during that time.
- Beaumont Fox, ABC Affiliates Pitch in During CBS Anchor Bill Leger's Memorial Service
News/talk arrives on FM in West Texas
Listeners in Odessa-Midland, TX got a holiday gift with the arrival of the market’s first news/talk station on FM.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- KHOU 11 updates TV news graphics package
- News 92 KROI hires new leader
- KPRC 2's Frank Billingsley weds partner of 17 years
- KPRC 2's Nefertiti Jáquez to WCAU, KRIV's Kane to Central Florida News 13
- KPRC 2 reporter Jennifer Bauer is pregnant
- Hot Houston media singles ready to mingle
- Journalist gift ideas
- My Christmas sleigh made of PVC pipe