Friday, June 01, 2012

Fox 26 KRIV's Kristi Powers exits weather center

UPDATE 5/23/2013
Kristi Powers' life after Fox 26

June 1st has been a day of departures in the Houston media as we have already seen KIAH 39's Mia Gradney and 740 KTRH's Joe Gomez announce departures from their respective stations.

Late Friday, we learned that Fox 26 KRIV morning and mid-day meteorologist Kristi Powers is leaving too. Here is what she posted on her station Facebook page:

"To my Facebook family, I am sad to inform you that I will no longer bring you the weather on FOX 26 Morning & Noon News ... we have parted ways. My contract came up on June 1st and a new one has not be signed. Thank you for your support and allowing me to bring you the weather over the past 4 years, from the destructive Hurricane Ike to our recent historic drought.

To the many great friends I've made at FOX, I will miss working alongside you and seeing your faces everyday.
To my weather colleagues (Jim, JD, & Mike), it's been a pleasure being a part of such a great team. I know you will continue to hold yourself to the highest standard and deliver the most accurate forecast possible for the viewers."

According to her bio, Powers returned to Houston to work at KRIV in 2008. You might remember her as the WB 39 Weekend Meteorologist from 2000 to 2003. After that she worked as a weekend meteorologist/reporter at WOFL-TV in Orlando, FL, another FOX owned and operated station. The award winning meteorologist also worked in Portland, Memphis and Gainesville.

UPDATE 5/23/2013
Kristi Powers' life after Fox 26

23 comments:

  1. Good luck Kristi Powers! Have fun in your future endeavours!

    Don't worry guys we still have Chita!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to see anyone lose their job, especially when it's a blue-eyed blonde.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She was the only reason i watched fox 26 news.. oh well hello Chita LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are crazy. Chita is to Kristi, as:
    Steak Um's are to Certified Angus Beef sirloin
    Domino's is to a real NY Pizza
    boxed wine is to perfectly aged bordeaux
    WalMart is to Dillards
    a Yugo is to a Porsche

    And the list goes on.... Sorry to see Kristi leave. But I won't switch to watch some chubby bleached blonde butcher the weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude. A little harsh.

      Delete
    2. What's wrong with Steak Um's and boxed wine? Haha.Chita is fat though. Her spanx are begging for mercy. One day during the forecast, they're going to give way and she's gonna explode like the tiny mint man in Monty Python's the Meaning of Life.

      Delete
    3. All of your analogies are accurate except for one...Dillard's sucks out loud.

      Delete
    4. Chita isn't fat, in fact she keeps her figure well and she's freakin' hot. Jealous?

      Delete
    5. Look at her belly Monday. Moo!

      Delete
    6. If you guys think Chita is 'fat'....well, your loss! I like a little meet on my women, and Chita keeps her curves quite well!

      Delete
  5. Bummer Kristi. Good Luck & I hope you stay in Houston. I also hope you tried the Peanut Butter & Chocolate Pancakes I told you I made.

    Hope to see you at Stats some day soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peanut butter and chocolate pancakes? Gross. No wonder she is leaving.

      Delete
  6. KHOU is going get another ratings boost. With Sachse getting married, Hernandez is now the most viewed anchors, and now with Powers leaving you might Johnson get lots of her loyal viewers as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fox mornings have been lame for the past 2 years. All of their "talent" are a bunch of airhead bimbos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's Mr. D'art Bebel who is alienating some of the folks at Fox 26 and this explains why Kristi is bailing out of Houston (likely why Jan Jeffcoat said "See Ya" to Houston in 2007 after nearly 3 years).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will truly missed Kristi Powers being part of the Fox26 weather, I watched her every morning before work to see if she was going to give us good or bad weather for that particular day. Good luck in your future endeavours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. To anyone criticizing Kristi...you have marbles loose. She is the most grounded and down to Earth person for being on tv. You just have no idea. She would give her shirt off her back for any of you. That is the person she is. She will get picked up by another station so for that I don't have any concerns. In my opinion, Fox has lost it's mind. I can't stand KHOU and now FOX is gone. I have had too many people I care about lose positions there. Therefore, they have lost my viewership. I guess it's backk to ABC :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heh, all this time I thought she was on a long vacation... Dang.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Mike, Since Kristi Powers left the station, Can Fox 26 KRIV hire a new replacement meteorologist for FOX 26 Morning & Noon News.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mike, I am breaking the rumors that Caitilin Espinosa will be filling the slot vacated by Kristi Powers starting This Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now they neeed to replace the dead faced Melinda Spaulding. The only time I saw her face look half alive is when BO won reelection. I just can't stand her face on my TV.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ms Espinosa may be sweet, but she just can't give a good weather report.

    ReplyDelete

AD