Friday, June 01, 2012

740 KTRH's Joe Gomez to 1080 KRLD

740 KTRH reporter Joe Gomez is leaving for NewsRadio 1080 KRLD in Dallas Fort-Worth. He will continue his role as a reporter for the CBS owned station.

"I had many great times at KTRH and got the opportunity to get my feet wet in a major market," Gomez told "I'll take away some valuable lessons about the business from my time there and thank all the amazing people I worked with."

According to his bio, Gomez is a regular on the CBS and Fox Radio Networks. Some of the hightlights of his time on KTRH include going undercover in Juarez, Mexico and traveling into the pirate-infested waters of Falcon Lake.

Here is video of Gomez in action.

Gomez will be in Houston for a few more weeks.

"I'm looking ahead to KRLD in Dallas now and hope that I can help an already award winning radio station achieve further greatness," Gomez told me.

740 KTRH's Lois Melkonian leaves Houston


  1. Hudson and Erickson chase yet another KTRH staff member to Dallas. Way to go, fellas! You guys are AWESOME at keeping your employees loyal!!!!!

  2. Joe who?? Why do I care about this guy? I've never even heard of him.

  3. Still bitter there, P.O.?

  4. He's too cute for radio!!!

    1. Who is saying this guy is too cute? I thought this blog was just for guys who like to stare at big boobs...finally a woman as sexist as us men on

    2. Actually, I'm a guy ;)

  5. Joe, stop posting about yourself.

  6. I hope doesn't replace Kidd Kraddick here in Dallas bc I love KK!!!!