Monday, April 23, 2012

KTRK 13 hires Crystal Kobza, formerly of KOB


UPDATE SEPTEMBER 17, 2013
Crystal Kobza returns to KTRK abc13

Crystal Kobza UPDATE 1/2013
I had mentioned this on my Top mikemcguff.com posts for 2012 but forgot to add the news in here. Just as Crystal Kobza made my top 12th post of 2012, she left KTRK after her freelance gig. Haven't heard any future TV station plans for her.




My readers seem to be very excited about the latest KTRK 13 reporter to hit the airwaves. Just last week, Crystal Kobza debuted on the ABC owned and operated station. So far, I've received emails, comments and tweets about Ms. Kobza.
Crystal Kobza
Courtesy University of St. Thomas - Houston

"That's Crystal Kobza and she is a hot blue-eyed blonde," said one commenter.

Wow, clearly she has a tapped in fan club already.

Kobza is a graduate of Houston's University of St. Thomas. While a student, Kobza interned at Fox 26 KRIV and KPRC 2.

 After her 2005 graduation, Kobza worked as a reporter for KETK in Tyler for two years. She then started anchoring at Fox 51 News East Texas KFXK, Fox 44 KWKT Waco/Kileen/Temple and Fox 33 Shreveport Ark-La-Tex KMSS (As I look at the bios of the new TV reporters arriving in Houston, this type of small market TV consolidation seems to be pretty popular now).

According to the Albuquerque Journal, in January 2011 Kobza started anchoring the KOB Eyewitness News 4 morning show with Antoinette Antonio and reported for the station's noon newscast. According to various Internet reports, Kobza then left New Mexico in the summer of 2011 to return to Texas after getting engaged (These sites say she announced this on KOB before her departure).

Embedded above is a video of Kobza shooting a gun that has received more than 30,000 views!

 Much like new KTRK 13 reporter Pooja Lodhia, Kobza looks like she could bring in some youthful energy to the ABC station. This reminds me of last year when I asked if KHOU 11's hiring of Chita Johnson was the beginning of a new era for the Belo station. Looks like I called that one. Maybe Kobza and Lodhia are the dawn of a new era for KTRK.

UPDATE SEPTEMBER 17, 2013
Crystal Kobza returns to KTRK abc13


20 comments:

  1. Wow! She's hot, and CAN do the news. I know KTRK has had hotties (Curry, McCall, Carson, Azad, etc.) but this will be the all star hottie on the station much like what Reyna is to KPRC (they have lots of hotties as you already know), and what Chita is to KHOU (they also have Whaley, Hernandez, and Jang as well).

    Let's just say this is like if the Texans signed Peyton Manning as their QB, if the Astros signed Albert Pujois or Justin Verlander, or if the Rockets signed Kevin Durant or LeBron James.

    Yep you're right this is a new era, one that might make the young male viewership happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a teenage boy wrote this post.

      Delete
    2. Hey Anon,

      Go get laid by your left hand.

      Delete
    3. I laughed at the sports analogy!

      Delete
  2. Unlike Chita, Reyna, etc. She is taken. Sucks....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like Chita and Reyna...she can't read and was hired on apparent -- and erroneous -- idea that she's hot.
      Invest in peroxide and saline stocks, and our reporters and anchors will make your rich.

      Delete
    2. Shut up and stop being jealous!!!!

      Delete
  3. Crystal Kobza + Chita Johnson + Jennifer Reyna + Lisa Hernandez = Ultimate Fantasy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your fantasy comes true!! Just make sure they keep their makeup on. I've seen a couple of them without it and they are pretty scary

      Delete
    2. Screw you they're beautiful.

      Delete
    3. The 4 added together aren't a 10....a combined 7 maybe....

      Delete
  4. Posts like this one makes me sad. However, they also enlighten me, about why the general public has little or no respect for Journalism. Why should they, when Mike writes about new hires from a shallow perspective only, without substance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You give me way more credit than I deserve. The shallowness of local news problem has been around a lot longer than this blog.

      Instead of writing in anonymously, you should start your own blog and write about media "with substance." Your keen observations will turn that frown upside down.

      Delete
    2. You tell her, McGuff! If you had a Like button, I'd be clicking it right now!

      Delete
    3. You criticize the blog because you have no physical appeal and had a bad childhood. So we are all sad for YOU.

      Delete
    4. Well, a few things here: I'm not a "her"(so assumptions shouldn't be made). But more importantly Mike, I do give you some credit, but not too much. However, we both agree on the "shallowness" of local news. It needs to be challenged and changed, and it starts with people like you and me. Now, just a few seconds devoted to the poster who wants to criticize my physical appeal and my childhood. I've already wasted enough time on YOU. Keep posting Mike, it's one way I stay informed about the changes in the Houston Media Market. By the way, my posts are Anonymous, because I haven't figured out how to post otherwise.

      Delete
  5. Hey Anon,

    If up you can't figure out how to post under something other than anon, then you must be pretty fucking stupid you dumbshit motherucker. Go back and finish your GED so you can make me a burger with fries, bitch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dont care what a TV anchor or Reporter looks like... I want to be able to sit down and watch them give a report without stumbling and meandering through it in a way thats makes you wonder how they ever got hired.... Crystal must be given credit for being able to please people like me who want talent, and people who wants looks too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

AD