Friday, July 01, 2011

KTRK 13 launches Katishia Cosley's 'Deals' on Live Well HD Network



Just when you thought it would be a quiet, uneventful, 4th of July, think again. The Live Well HD Network is launching Deals this Monday. This is the second show produced by KTRK 13 out of Houston for the .2 digital channel network owned by ABC.

Deals has a familiar host. Remember how I blogged about former KIAH 39 anchor Katishia Cosley going back to KTRK 13? Well, Deals is the show Cosley returned for. It is a consumer oriented show, that like the name suggests, helps viewers save money. With the current economy, probably a good time to launch a show like this. Former KTRK 13 Eyewitness News 6pm producer Andrea Slaydon is the show/field producer.

And have I got a deal for you! Just because I like you, embedded above is your first look at Deals before it hits the Live Well HD Network (in Houston on Comcast 685 or 13.2 over the air). The show will air throughout the day on the digital network, so check the schedule.

To my surprise, I saw golden boy Mark Klein in the above Deals segment. I interviewed him for a cash for gold story I did at KIAH 39 last November. No doubt, he is good TV.

http://livewellnetwork.com/Deals/8194764

8 comments:

  1. Meh...I think I'd enjoy the show more if she wasn't the host. She rubs me the wrong way; mostly because I know how conniving she can be. She's like one of those high school mean girls. Totally immature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katishia Cosley is probably the best looking woman in the Houston news business, with Ch 2 Nefertiti Jáquez coming in a close 2nd....IMO of course..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish Katishia the best. As a fan of her work both on ABC-13 and CW39, I wish her the best with this new "Deals" deal. And if I may, both you (Mike) and Katishia were solid for CW39 before the NewsFix format came along. I will be sure to check out "Deals" as much as I can just to see the beautiful Katishia Cosley make frugal look awesome. :)

    johnbmarine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Give us a break, Anon! Nef doesn't even crack the top 25. Heck, Frank Billingsley, Isiah Carey and a decomposing Marvin Zindler come ahead of her, and they're men.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katishia is awesome. She can light up my whole day with just that smile! Good Luck KC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see she's doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kat is awesome and she has a lot of talent and makes the show interesting. She is also very attractive and has a great television presence.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just started watching the show a few Saturdays back and just love it. Especially today on fire alarms, etc. I think the Host Kat is great. Way to go Channel 13....

    ReplyDelete