support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Friday, October 22, 2010

KHOU 11 news director Keith Connors leaving in November

I heard the news early Wednesday afternoon and started my digging. Multiple sources told me the rumors were true that KHOU 11 news director Keith Connors is leaving the Houston station at the end of November.

Now Mega-agent and friend to Connors, Rick Gevers, is talking about Connors departure in his popular TV news director newsletter.

That's about all anyone apparently knows at this point. We don't know why he is leaving KHOU 11 or where he is going next. Naturally people in the Houston television news world are wondering if KHOU 11 assistant news director Andrea Parquet-Taylor is taking over. They are asking because Parquet-Taylor was previously the news director of the legendary WXYZ in Detroit. We don't know if this is true either.

KHOU sends me good news like this (and I thank the station for that), but I have not heard back from Channel 11 on the Keith Connors news after my inquiry Wednesday afternoon.

It is interesting to point out what Gevers wrote in his newsletter. Connors has been with Belo for awhile. Previously he worked at WCNC-TV in Charlotte and WVEC-TV in Norfolk. It was pointed out to me that while at WCNC, Connors was featured in a 2001 PBS documentary about local news called Local News. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here