support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

KVIA 7 El Paso TV anchor talks cancer fight

KVIA 7 anchor Estela Casas in El Paso talks about her cancer fight:

The discovery of cancer in her thyroid shoved the seasoned Channel 7-KVIA anchor into a tearful encounter with depression and temporarily stole her familiar, reassuring smile.

"I don't know how I got on the air those days," Casas said. "My eyes didn't light up. It was hard for me to smile."

The dean of television broadcasting in El Paso sipped cinnamon tea in her well-manicured West Side home and talked about the recent, very public illness, and how the traumatic experience changed her. READ THE FULL STORY

RELATED
Estela Casas bio CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here