support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Friday, October 02, 2009

I made it through the 1560 The Game appearance

I really appreciate Ken Hoffman and David Nuno inviting me on their 1560 The Game KGOW show, but it was tough.

Stupid me, I got a flu shot a few hours before the radio appearance. Usually I get a reaction from these shots that consist of light flu-like symptoms. Think light fever, headache, out of it feeling (a little more than usual). Thursday was no different and it all seemed to hit me during the show.

Also I practically lost my voice the day before, so thanks to a bottle of orange Gatorade, I was able to keep the pipes hydrated during the broadcast. Gargling salt water beforehand helped me get some of my voice back too. It was a good thing there was a cough button on the microphone.

Next radio show I go on, maybe I will stay up for 24 hours straight beforehand just to keep it interesting! CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here