support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Thursday, September 24, 2009

See what Mike McGuff did for Luxurata


Luxurata has been on hiatus from the Houston music scene but are about to make a big comeback with the new 1000 Days album. The band turned to me for help in creating a new Web site and social media presence.

I built the following web site for them at luxurata.com.

I also created a site for the band's Septic Records label - septicmusic.com.

Being that social networking is hot, I created various Web 2.0 accounts for the label's entire roster (Poor Dumb Bastards, DollyRockers, Luxurata). Check out how I tweaked Luxurata's MySpace page.

Having a Twitter, Facebook and MySpace account is one thing, but it all kind of gets crazy trying to keep everything updated. I created a solution for that.

Now Luxurata just has to post on the Septic Records blog to update it all. I designed the WordPress theme myself. See how it seems kind of septic in nature? I programmed everything so a post about Luxurata on that blog automatically feeds Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and the band's Web site. Just like that. Pretty painless.

Now make sure to catch the Luxurata record release party Friday October 2nd at Rudyard's British Pub! There will be plenty of updates on luxurata.com!

If I can do this for Luxurata and KTRK 13, what could I do for your business? CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here