support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Sunday, July 26, 2009

SportsRadio 610 KILT dumps Sunday Block Party w/ Craig Shelton

Blog readers are asking me why the Sunday Block Party w/ Craig Shelton is not on SportsRadio 610 KILT anymore. David "The Man" Barron found out the reason why - the new boss Gavin Spittle from Dallas:

[Spittle's] plans, however, do not include the weekend Sunday Block Party show hosted by Craig Shelton. Shelton was told Thursday that the show has been dropped.
"I was given an opportunity and learned some things, and (the station) gave me a resume," Shelton said. "This is a diverse city, and I think my show reflected that.
"I’ve got a lot to learn. I hope to stay involved. I love talk radio, and I’m hoping for another opportunity."
Spittle said he had no immediate plans on replacing the Sunday show.
"(Shelton and co-host Bobby Z) are great guys, and I wish them the best of luck," he said. "It’s one of those situations where a new coach comes in and has to make some changes." READ THE REST
CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here